Sunday, May 1, 2011

The arrival of Kadynce

I haven't had enough time to sit down and document Kadynce' arrival, but I better get to it, because yesterday she turned 2 weeks old!  I'll start at the beginning.  I was suppose to be induced on Friday April 15th at 7am.  I woke up that morning to a phone call at 5:30 telling us that they were too full, they wouldn't be able to induce me.  We were pretty bummed because we'd already taken the girls to Grandma's the night before, and things were planned.  But, they assured us that they would try to get us in at 11.  I never really got back to sleep, but that was OK, because I would just be going in at 11 right?  So later that morning we decided to pack our bags and head to town and wait for 11 while we ate pancakes at IHOP.  Well 11 came and went and they said they were too full, but let's shoot for 1:30.  Then 1:30 came and went, and we were shooting for 3:00.  Needless to say it was a long day, and we didn't get in till 4:00 that afternoon.  By the time labor got going in full swing that evening I was exhausted from just being up all day.  You can tell by this picture!
I was toying back and forth with the idea of doing this one naturally with no epidural.  No reason in particular, just something I was wanting to try.  So Caleb and I were up walking the halls to work through some serious contraction when our nurse came and got us and told us the babies heart rate wasn't doing good, and I had to spend the rest of my labor in bed, and I needed to be put on oxygen. (time for another lovely photo!)
We got babies heart rate stabilized after about and 1 1/2 hours of oxygen and rest.  At this point is was late, and I was emotional and tired and I decided to do an epidural.  The anethesiologist came in and had to do 2 epidurals because the first one didn't go in the right spot, and let me tell you...that is painful!  Then the 2nd one decided to just not work.  Later the nurses told us he was new.  Nice!  Just what we wanted to hear!  Anyway, the shift change for my nurse was at 3am so she checked me at 2:45.  I was a 7.  My new nurse came in at 3:00 and I told her how painful the contractions were, and that there was so much pressure down there I felt sure her head was getting ready to come out!  I said I felt the urge to push, but not super strong yet.  She said she would check me at 3:45 and see where I was at.  I told her I'd like her to check now, and so she said she would even though my other nurse just had.  When she checked, sure enough I was a 10, and complete.  I always seem to come fast at the end.  I did with both my others too.  So, Baby was just waiting on me.  They called my Dr. and I just had a little while to labor down and get ready for pushing time.  My doctor was great when she arrived.  She left the pushing up to me and it was a great experience.  After a bit of pushing, Kadynce Niselle Wall decided to join our family at 4:20 am on April 16th.  I got to lift her up immediately and hold her, and it was beautiful, and she was beautiful. 
She weighed 8lbs and 7oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.  She is completely healthy, and we are so grateful to have her in our home.   
Her sisters couldn't be more thrilled to have a new baby in the family!
She's being showered with lots of love.

11 comments:

Christina said...

Awwwe! I love birth stories! Thanks for sharing all the details! Ashley, I swear she looks JUST like you. You mark my words... she will look exactly like her Mamma when she grows up. What 3 gorgeous little blessing you have in your life now! Congrats!!

ps. Keep posting pics:)

Camille said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful. I saw pictures from Caleb's facebook, but I'm not his friend, so I couldn't tell him how CUTE I think she is! Guess I better add him as a friend, huh?!

What a bummer to have had to felt the pain even after the epidurals! If I were you, I'd totally claim a natural childbirth. You earned it!

Amanda said...

She is so cute! And I LOVE that last picture with all three of your girls - so precious!

crystal carlson said...

Oh, look at those 3 beauties! So glad that everything went okay & that you guys are safe & healthy! That stinks that you had to wait so long & that your epidurals were lousy! Hope you are all doing well & getting some sleep now :)

Kat said...

FINALLY! I've been checking you blog every day waiting for this post. I figured you had your hands full:)She is darling. I LOVE that last photo of the three of them. Sorry things didn't work out as planned. That's stressful. Hope you're getting some sleep:)

Rick and Collette said...

Kadynce is seriously so adorable, as expected! I'm so excited for you guys. Your family is so beautiful! I'm glad she is her and that the delivery is all over with for you. Good Luck adjusting to being a mother of three! Hope you are getting some sleep since the first few weeks are survival mode. Can't wait to see more pics!

Jen and Cody said...

She is beautiful Ashley! I am so glad everything went ok and that she is finally here. Hopefully you can start getting some sleep sometime soon. :)

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so happy for you guys! And glad that little sweety got here safely. PS Just want to remind you of the beached whale picture on my blog from when Brycen was born. You haven't seen a bad hospital picture till you've seen that one of me!!! ha ha ha

Chance and Beth said...

What a bummer being told to wait! So happy things went well! So grateful for modern medical information to keep an eye on the little peanut too! She's beautiful, like all of your girls! So happy for you, can't wait to meet her and play with big sisters :)

Savannah said...

Congratulations again! Can't wait for the day when we finally get to meet her!

Rhonda said...

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS!!!
She is so beautiful and you looked great. The pic of all 3 girls is so precious!
2nd, I'm so LAME for not reading this sooner! I can't believe that I missed out on knowing she was here for so long! I have been really busy. Too busy to read blogs and just doing my own blogging to try to catch up. I suck. Sorry!